This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under the guidance of the MedicalServices Manager, the Patient Access Coordinator provides the ASG-KU ArmyHealth Clinic (USAHC) with patient registration duties, office administrativemaintenance, filing support functions, and medical customer service.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Registers eligible patientsby obtaining and verifying demographic information through interaction withpatients, and then enters this information in clinic’s database.Instructs and assists patients in completingnecessary documents and appropriate sign in logs.
- Schedules appointments withUnited States Army Health Clinic (USAHC) providers; often requires coordinatingdirectly with physicians, dentists, nurses, physician assistants (PA), medicsand other medical personnel.
- Initiates and maintainsmilitary personnel medical/dental records in accordance with Army regulation40-66, the Privacy Act if 1974, and HIPAA.
- Assist in training newpersonnel on these procedures.
- Coordinates closely withclinic staff, Medical Service Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work on holidays, short notices,all shifts, overtime and assigned to any Medical location in Kuwait.Vacation scheduling will also be dictated bymission requirements and determined independent from spouse if applicable.
- Performs other duties as required and directed by PAS and MedicalServices Manager.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personalcomputer, laptops, scanners, printers, faxes, other network equipment and othergeneral office equipment.
Work is generally officeenvironment.However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoorswith a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequentdust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summermonths.Potential exposure to chemicalor biological agents could exist.Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas isrequired.Such PPE includes but is notlimited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protectivedevices.Candidate must comply with allFire, Safety and post policies.Normalwork week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required;to include, holidays.
Work may require heavy lifting (up to 65 pounds),stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with orin areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical orbiological agents.